TeXcount download page
(version 126.96.36.199): script and documentation.
The documentation, included in the download package,
explains how TeXcount works, including its strengths
and short-comings. It also explains the options and how you can add new macro handling
The script requires Perl. This is standard under Unix/Linux.
A Perl version for Windows is
Version 3.0.1 (2 April 2017)
version 3.01 (2 April 2017) to test the new version.
Version 3.0.1 contains some bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixed: Sometimes interpreted %TC instructions as comments.
- Fixed: Perl error from ANSI import.
- Fixed: Relaxed macro option handling not correctly specified.
- Fixed: Option file envir rules only accepted integer arguments.
- Fixed: Failed to add .tex to file name with \include.
- Improved handling of file names.
- Improved handling of package inclusion macros (eg \usepackage) by parsing arguments properly.
- Can now specify command line options as -option:value as an alternative to -option=value.
- Fixed: Potential problem with repeate replacements in templates.
- Added %TC:log and %TC:assert for custom logging and debugging.
Overview of older versions (available for download) and
Last modified January 29, 2017.