Supporting scripts, applications and utilities
There are a few supporting scripts and utilities not included in the
distribution: some made by me, some by others, and some I have found on
various web sites and fora.
- Add TeXcount call to Emacs
- The FAQ contains the instructions on how to get Emacs to call TeXcount
on the active buffer and return the word count. Based on an Emacs script by
solution by Nicholas Riley, I have made three alternative versions:
Recommended version suitable for TeXcount 2.3 and higher:
Version suitable for TeXcount 2.2:
Simple version suitable for older TeXcount versions:
AUCTeX: Add TeXcount to the Command menu with output to new buffer:
- Run TeXcount and open results in web browser
- The FAQ explains the basics of how to use
TeXcount with html output to web browser. This may need some
adaptation: e.g. adjust the command or path for executing TeXcount.
Windows batch script texcount.bat:
- For Unix/Linux (and Mac?)
- For Mac
- Macros integrating TeXcount with TeXshop
- Ramón M. Figueroa-Centeno has made and maintains these macros
for integrating TeXcount with TeXshop (LaTeX editor used on the OS X platform).
- GUI for TeXcount for Mac
- Madhusudhan Venkadesan has sent me a small GUI to use on Macs. This presently contains
version 2.2 of TeXcount.
To be expanded...
Last modified December 31, 2018.